Isolation~Glen Boulder, Davis Path, Isolation E, Rocky Branch

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biji

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 18 JUL 2014

Trail Conditions: Glen Boulder in fine shape. Bog bridges in the sag on Davis Path deteriorating but still keep you out of the mud, just watch out for a couple of teeter-totters. Isolation E has a couple of blowdowns to straddle. Wet areas on Iso E and Rocky Branch hopscotchable. Brook crossings easily rock-hopped. Rocky Branch has had some blowdown removed and waterbars cleaned out recently; your efforts are noticed and appreciated.

Special Equipment Required: Poles useful for water crossings and vaulting some mud.

Comments: Another great day to be out and share it with fine companions. No bugs. Gray jays entertained us on the summit. On Engine Hill we had a pleasant chat with 3 generations of a family backpacking in to Rocky Branch. The grandmother, easily in her 70s, was working on a bucket list. She came from Colorado to finish her last 3 of the 48, after having spent summers as a youngster in Passaconaway. I tip my hat to her! Nice to cross paths with Jason Beaupre again.

Boghollow joined Trail Boss and me today for his 2nd hike in the Whites after doing the Osceolas the day before; I'll bet not many folks take on Isolation for #3. This hike leaves me with Carrigain to finish on for a first round, then it's on to Maine. 97/115 Started plotting out the Trailwrights 72 list when I got home. Missus thinks I'm nuts. We'll see...

Your name: Brooks

[email protected]

Last edited: