Becca Munroe red-lines the Whites

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
From Hiker Ed,

# # #

Hi to All

On Saturday, July 26, 2014, Becca Munroe became the
"TWENTY THIRD" ( #23 ) person to "RED-LINE" all the trails in the "AMC
White Mountain Guide" ( 29TH Edition ).

Becca has now walked every trail in the AMC White Mouintain Guide.

Becca's finish was on the Coppermine Trail. Out and back to &
from Bridal Veil Falls.

Becca was joined on this day by a complement of friends
and well wishers, for both the hike and the follow-up tailgate
party.

CONGRATULATIONS TO BECCA!!!!!!!!

I know you will all join me in congratulations to Becca on her completion
of this fun & rewarding goal & achievement.

Thanks,

And, take care

Ed

"GRID" website: www.48x12.com

# # #

Congrats Becca! I have always enjoyed reading your insightful trail reports.

Awesome job. Congratulations.

I'm surprised Coppermine Trail was your last, I thought most redliners finished on some obscure spur in the middle of nowhere.

Awesome job. Congratulations.

I'm surprised Coppermine Trail was your last, I thought most redliners finished on some obscure spur in the middle of nowhere.

The sport is evolving. We are getting smarter. Almost sentient. :)

Congrats, Becca!

Congratulations to Becca Munroe! Would like to know her favorite / least-favorite trails, total miles hiked, total time and other arcane details.

My goal is to be a finisher within the first 100. Another decade should do it ...

Thanks all!!!! I wasn't going to do it but it was too fun to stop!!!!!

I walked/jogged/skied :) all trails per the official rules but did use a mtn bike for bikespotting. I have *also* mtn biked AND skied some of the trails.

Not sure about favorite/least favorite, but, for hiking trails Thoreau Falls Trail is *a* favorite and Landing Camp Trail is a *least* favorite!!!! Probably took about 4 years once I focused (I began about a year before I finished the grid). Total miles - not sure but probably way more than the ~1400 or so miles listed as I had to go back in for a lot of shelter spurs/etc!!!

Actually, my favorite trail of all time isn't even on the current list, but, it is in the old guides before the Southern NH Trail guide trials were split off: Alexandria Ski Trail on Mt Cardigan - most fun to snowboard!!!! :)

Last edited:
So impressive/obsessive--love it! Congrats....and thanks for all your great posts re hiking and skiing. Always informative!

--Carla

Thanks again!!!! Let's see.... what's next..... NH Firetowers, then 4K Calendar days and probably more bushwhacking... all in this GREAT STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!! :) :) :) WOO HOO!!!!! [finishing my NE67 might happen someday, I suppose]