stewarts peak 8/1/14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan

Reaction score
date: 8/1/14

trails: unknown trails

conditions: parked at the public end of howe lane north of stewarts peak where the grassy road the trail follows to start goes left. there is a sign reading "cross minks and tower". i walked for a bit less than .5 on the road until it reached an old log landing. to the left there is a clear opening in the trees marked with flagging. small cairn as well. this trail is well marked in blue and mostly follows old roads, sometimes quite wet, up to the ridgeline well northeast of stewats peak reaching it at around 1300 feet. this trail then continues up to near a small bump and drops down the other side of the ridge. just before making a left turn up to its height of land the trail over the ridge to stewarts leaves on the right and is marked with a piece of survey tape, but no blazes. once on the trail though it is well blazed all the way to the summit. the footbed is often quite lightly travelled, but well marked as it goes over numerous bumps before reaching the old tower site and summit on stewarts peak. here a yellow trail leaves presumably to horne street. i went back the way i came.

equipment: nothing in particular.

comments: nice hike. had heard about trails from the north so decided to check it out. this was a nice route making for roughly 5.5 miles round trip. great walking up along the ridgeline. a very nice piece of trail.

bryan

[email protected]