Romer Mt-Mt. Pleasant-Cross mt. Wittenberg from the new section of the Long Path 8-9-

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermit

Reaction score
Home-West Shokan N.Y.Avatar 35x12 Catskill grid pa
Had the pleasure again to hike the new trail from outside of Phoenicia on Lane st.to the summit of Wittenberg mt. and back. It's about 21 miles round trip. A big thanks to the people that did the layout and constructed this trail.It traverses a beautiful diversity of land ,and ridges.This is my second trip to Wittenberg this way. The last trip on 6-28 I descended into Moon Haw by way of the Vanbenschoten trail.The only people I encountered on the trip was when I connected with the red trail out of Woodland Valley.This was version 2 of the hike for me and version 3 will be a traverse to Slide mt. with a car spot. That would be around 18 miles.There are sill a couple of places where water can be found ,mostly near the base of Wittenberg.Just a couple of large trees down along the route , too big for me to move. The trails is in great shape,and thanks again to the people that spent many hours constructing this gem.Here are a few pictures.https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=110274937487305514320&target=ALBUM&id=6045678349269603953&authkey=Gv1sRgCMqJ2Zvqz8a2mAE&feat=email