Adams and Madison via Great Gully and others (15 August 2014)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
Mounts Adams and Madison
15 August 2014

Trails: Airline, Shortline, King Ravine Trail, Subway, Great Gully, Lowes Path, Star Lake, Osgood, Watson Path, Valley Way

Trail conditions: trails were in good shape with no major issues. Trails were damp but not overly wet which surprised me. Bugs were absent. Blowdowns were not an issue. There is one small eroded section on the lower part of Watson Path. Great Gully was dry for the most part but the cascades were running pretty fast.

Special Equipment: nothing in particular, but there was no question fall was in the air this weekend. I was happy to have a fleece, hat, and gloves for warmth.

Comments: A fun loop that included some real highlights like Great Gully, the Subway, Star Lake, and of course two great summits. Active clouds moving in and out made for interesting views, ones I often prefer to the 100 mile view days. Great Gully was fine and the crux was not an issue. Thanks for a great day Lisa and congrats on another two of the NH48!