Guyot Campsite: "Dude, should I poop tonight or tomorrow morning?"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethW

Reaction score
It's gotten insanely busy out on the trails.

We set up our hammocks at Guyot Campsite Tuesday, August 19 where the caretaker told us there had been 50!!! people the night before (at that point I wanted to run, find a spot in the woods, but my friend is much more cautious and wanted to stay). The caretaker suggested we setup at the farthest tentsite area. We then hiked up to West Bond to watch the sunset. About 2 hours before sunset we heard hooting and hollering heading our way and I groaned "here come the Yahoos".

When these boys settled in at the top they informed us they found a tent space next to 2 hammock users. OK, I about lost my mind at that point. I told my friend she might attract all the biting insects but I attract the Bozos!!! Give me a cell phone because I want to call Bob and be helicoptered out of here! We went to bed - the yahoos came in long after us with one shouting "Dude, should I poop tonight or tomorrow morning?". (At this point a source of amusement for me.)

The next day, you guessed it. We crossed paths with these guys all morning mostly with them behind us yelling the whole time - for example: "DUDE! There are STEPS here - WOW!!" Yup, we spent a night and a day at a frat house.

Thanks for listening.

I would always advocate for pooping in the daylight if possible.

I don't remember ever having a choice - when it's time it's time whatever the daylight!