Bondcliff, Bond, West Bond via Lincoln Woods. 8/23/14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooZiggy

Reaction score
8-23-14

Trail conditions: Predominantly dry. A few muddy patches, but low-cut non-WP day hikers were sufficient. Water was low so that any river/stream crossings were easy on exposed rocks. Some blowdown but nothing that could not be easily stepped over. Great conditions overall.

Special equipment: Nothing mandatory per-se, but I'd recommend poles. Wish I had mine for the hike out.

Comments: My wife and I are working on our 4k's, and decided to do the Bonds for our 11th anniversary. Total trip time was just over 9.5 hours. Total time moving was a little over 9 hours. (I think our total stop time was about 40 minutes.) Loved the remoteness of this hike- great views of nothing but wilderness. Of course the price you pay for said seclusion is a long haul in and a long haul out. We parked at Lincoln Woods visitor center, and my GPS watch had us at 22.6 miles truck to summit(s) and back. We started a little after 9am. I would recommend starting out by 8am (latest) to have the extra time.

All in all it is a fantastic and rewarding hike.

Seth
[email protected]