Small Pump For Air Mattress

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayTrip

Reaction score
Does anyone carry a small pump for inflating their sleeping pad when they hike? I've been scouring the web this weekend looking at all the clearance goodies and they only pump I've come across is the Nemo. It doesn't seem as small as I thought a portable pump could be and several of the reviews say the connection (supposedly universal tapered valve) does not mate with all brands of mattresses. I got a Big Agnes Super Q mattress this Spring and while I like it quite a bit it takes awhile to inflate (30+ of my breaths anyway). A small manual pump would be a welcome accessory.

If anyone has an inexpensive and/or compact solution I'd like to know about it. Thanks as always.

When I tour by bike, I use the bike pump to inflate my sleeping pad. I use a small section of an old bike tube to fit over the pad's valve, then attach the bike pump to the tube's valve. A small bike pump is very light and you can pick them up on sale.

That's a good idea VTSkier. I already have one from a bike I don't use so I'll see if I can retrofit. Thanks.