Suggested Hikes in Waterville Valley

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My WMG ( I think its 29th) states 2.6 miles from Tripoli rd..

With all due respect, are you sure you're reading that correctly? My 28th edition book has it as 3.1 miles from Tripoli Rd (5.6 miles end to end, subtract the 2.5 from the ski area to the summit to get the 3.1) And the map with that edition has the trail distance written in red as 3.1 miles. M Ellozy's site says 3.1 miles. Smith and Dickerman, second edition, updated in Nov 2012 says 3.1 miles. So what happened? Maybe the trail has shrunk 16%??

I have 5 miles round trip with 2300 feet of elevation gain from the ski area, 6.2 miles round trip and 2500 feet of elevation from Tripoli Rd. Both trailheads in the 1800 ft range.

With all due respect, are you sure you're reading that correctly? My 28th edition book has it as 3.1 miles from Tripoli Rd (5.6 miles end to end, subtract the 2.5 from the ski area to the summit to get the 3.1) And the map with that edition has the trail distance written in red as 3.1 miles. M Ellozy's site says 3.1 miles. Smith and Dickerman, second edition, updated in Nov 2012 says 3.1 miles. So what happened? Maybe the trail has shrunk 16%??

I have 5 miles round trip with 2300 feet of elevation gain from the ski area, 6.2 miles round trip and 2500 feet of elevation from Tripoli Rd. Both trailheads in the 1800 ft range.

I went back and looked at the map within the book and yes 3.1 is correct, thanks for the clarification.

Jeremy, are you still the trail adopter for the "front-side" trail? You made a number of huge improvements over the last few years, are you "done" at this point?