Mt. Tremper to Plateau Mt. on the Long Path 9-14-14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermit

Reaction score
Home-West Shokan N.Y.Avatar 35x12 Catskill grid pa
"I had been thinking about some interesting traverses along routes that I had traveled,but missed some sections in the middle.I had never hiked down to Warner Creek,and I had never climbed Silver Hollow mountain from the south. I had hiked it 4 times from the north.So,I thought that the proper way to accomplish this would be hike the Long Path to Plateau from the Mt. Tremper p.a.along old rt. 28 and descend into the notch parking area via the Devil's Path. The first section of the hike was a 3 mile ,2000 ft. vertical ascent of Mt. Tremper which has great views from the tower.From there we followed the blue trail around the edge of Carl Mt.and encountered a few Grouse along the way.After about a mile we began our descent to Warner creek,and noticed some old blue stone quarries towards the lower section.Warner creek had a decent flow of water and it looked like a great place to camp.We followed the trail along the creek for a bit , and then began our 1600'climb over the top of Silver Hollow mt.. Then we descended about 700' to the Silver Hollow notch.Then it would be another 1500' climb to the intersection of the Devil's path and the Long Path on Plateau.The total distance for this traverse is close to 16 miles,including the spur trails to lookouts.We had a car spot at Notch lake.I had invited some friends to go along on a short notice ,but they had plans in the works.My friend Linda was able to join me.I would definitely do this gem again.Here are a few pictures.The pictures are not in orderhttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=110274937487305514320&target=ALBUM&id=6059040933726201089&authkey=Gv1sRgCICmwJ_Y9Zu55AE&feat=emailLinda flew in from London ,did the hike and flew back the next day !

Last edited: