Success Pond Road?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubahhh

Reaction score
I'm thinking about Mahoosuc Notch tomorrow, then heading up to Stratton for the night and the Bigelows on Thursday. Question is, can I get through to Rt. 26 on Success Pond Rd., or do I have to backpack to beautiful downtown Berlin? I drive a plain old Honda CRV... Nothing fancy!

Thanks!

I can not speak to current conditions. But, as you head back towards Rt 26 the road splits with York Pond Rd headed back to Rt 26 closest to Grafton Notch. If you take the Left fork, you continue on North Pond Rd headed for the intersection of Rt 26 closer to the town of Upton, ME. One of these two roads seems to always be open (except in the winter) From Rt 26 to Stratton will be a nice little tour of the back roads of western Maine.
I would certainly try to get through before heading all the way back to Berlin

as of 4 weeks ago the rd was passable end to end. i was in my buddies honda accord too. you will have to take the left fork aka north rd. to get to 26.

I got through fine yesterday. Went right at the first fork (where left went to Success Pond and a bunch of "No Trespassing" signs); after that I don't know where the heck I went, but it somehow end up on the other end. On my way to Stratton, prolly would have been a lot quicker just to go back to Berlin!