Algonquin Peak-Iroquois-Wright Peak 10-3-14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermit

Reaction score
Home-West Shokan N.Y.Avatar 35x12 Catskill grid pa
I got up at 3:00 A.M. and picked up my friend Linda in Woodstock,and made the trip to the Loj. It was a little foggy in the morning ,but soon the sun made it's way out. The trails are in good shape and dry for the most part ,because of the lack of rain. That will change today I am sure.This was Linda's first time climbing in the Adirondacks,and she will be away from hiking for a month,so today was the day.It was quite windy on the summits today,but the skies cleared out and offered us beautiful views.Clouds were blasting up Algonquin from Lake Colden and made for quite a sight.Once we got down to Boundary Peak the wind subsided until we climbed Iroquois.This was my 4 th time on Iroquois and I finally had a view. In 2001 I finished my 46 th peak in a thunderstorm on Iroquois solo.We made our way back over Algonquin , and by that time the skies cleared out . This made for some great photo opportunities.The climb up Wright peak was full of great scenery and some gusty winds. This added some fun to the hike because the wind was so strong it almost blew you over. We had good laugh.We completed the hike in good time and I made it home for a later dinner .Here are a few pictures.https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=110274937487305514320&target=ALBUM&id=6066314104504010561&authkey=Gv1sRgCPfRiuDBtajVygE&feat=email

Last edited: