Suggestions - Overnighter in the Whites w/ hut stay

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding an out and back slackpack to the Wildcats, is it worth the extra mileage to go beyond peak A? In other words, is the view from the platform at wildcat D worth the extra 3.8 rt miles from wildcat A?

Regarding an out and back slackpack to the Wildcats, is it worth the extra mileage to go beyond peak A? In other words, is the view from the platform at wildcat D worth the extra 3.8 rt miles from wildcat A?

I would say yes. The view from A is mostly of the notch, while the view from D includes the presidentials. The view of the notch is great, but so is the more encompassing view from D.

I would say yes. The view from A is mostly of the notch, while the view from D includes the presidentials. The view of the notch is great, but so is the more encompassing view from D.

This is really helpful thanks. Looks worth it to me, it will most likely come down to how we are doing on time.

No point worrying about it until much closer to the date. I would suspect that snowshoes won't be needed in early November, but it will be pretty clear whether you need them or not before you head up.

Oh man, I would LOVE it if we needed snowshoes in early Nov. :) I bet I'm not alone.