Parking for Liberty Springs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duane

Reaction score
Can someone refresh my memory please? Where is the closest parking for Liberty Springs trail and tent site? I recall parking at the Lafayette Campground once but we were finishing at the Old Bridle Path. Maybe the Basin or Flume Visitor Center is the closest.

Thanks.

Typically you park over near the Flume and take the Whitehouse Trail over to the Liberty Spring TH. Parking at the Basin and heading south on the bike path also works, but I'm not sure about parking there overnight.

There's a turn-out parking area about 1/3 mile north of the north end of the Flume Visitors Center parking. Has maybe 50 parking spaces. The Whitehouse Trail leads north about a mile from there to, first, the paved bike path, then shortly after, the LST. I don't know if this is a closer approach than the Basin parking areas or not.

Its just about an even split between the AT parking lot described by Driver 8 or the Basin Parking lot on the northbound parkway. Many folks head through the woods from the AT parking to about 150 feet and pick up the bike path rather then taking the somewhat meandering short stretch of the AT which ends up on the same bike path.