Ethan Pond Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

Reaction score
Hi, I WAS planning on hiking up to Mt. Willey on Sunday with a friend. Are there any potentially dangerous stream crossings that I should be concerned about? I don`t want to travel up there if there will be a problem. Sunday is my only option for this wknd. We are planning to use the Ethan Pond trail.

Once the ice and snow starts to build up don't forget your traction. There are a few prrretty steep sections going up to willey

None that aren't bridged. Have fun!

I don't recall any bridges between US302 and the Willey Range Tr. The stream crossings on the Willey Range Tr leading up to Willey shouldn't cause any concern.

I don't recall any bridges between US302 and the Willey Range Tr. The stream crossings on the Willey Range Tr leading up to Willey shouldn't cause any concern.

I was being general about the EPT. In case they want to go down A-Z and work back as a loop, being sure to take the .1 side trip the Thoreau Falls of course. :)

Heads up, current forecast is for flurries at elevations over 3000 feet on Sunday. In general a blustery day. Bring your late fall gear.

I was being general about the EPT. In case they want to go down A-Z and work back as a loop, being sure to take the .1 side trip the Thoreau Falls of course. :)

I figured as much.;) I assumed that they would only be hiking Willey as they made no mention of the Willey Range Tr. The loop you mention is one of my favorites.:)

I figured as much.;) I assumed that they would only be hiking Willey as they made no mention of the Willey Range Tr. The loop you mention is one of my favorites.:)

Oh wow, you're right - I suppose my mind auto completes hikes now! I would say your assumption makes total sense since that is what the OP wrote! We see what we want to see I suppose. It does look like a fantastic loop. I've done all the parts but not together. It's the kind of thing that when someone says they want to do the Willey range, I'll start angling to do it this way. One could loop it from Zealand Pond trail head too, if they didn't mind the back track (or wanted to take the snowmobile trail from AZ and then whack back west and Cross the Zealand River. :)