Hiking Kilimamjaro - Help with companies

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Paws4Feet

Reaction score
I know this is not a northeast US related post, but I figured that VFTT would be a great place to tap into the knowledge of its members regarding hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro.

My main question is: What company should I book through? I am looking to do a trip including Kilimanjaro, a safari, and Zanzibar island.

I find that Google can be overwhelming with this kind of thing, and that first hand accounts are usually more reliable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

When my wife and I went we used Rothschild Safaris on the recommendation of a friend. If I ever get to go back again, I will do the same.

Leora was fantastic and everything she arranged for both the climb and safari was perfect. She is based in the US and all our dealings were directly with her. Then, from the moment we landed in Arusha in the middle of the night, we were always very well taken care of.

Good luck on your trip!

Onetime when shopping in IMS Conway, I overheard a client booking a trip to Kilimanjaro with the IMS owner who obviously does guiding. I believe from the photos in the store that he has climbed Everest. I don't know any more about him than that but others on this site may have more input on him.

We went with Thompson Safari and were very happy. We chose them over some other companies because they had supported the travel arrangements for the IMAX film, and also because they are locally based. Have a wonderful trip. It's amazing to climb in that environment.