wannabe the first?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhirek

Reaction score
I am planning several hikes for this winter as what i believe to be firsts. ill start with hiking all the 48 in a single trip. as in no car in the winter. Also first ever fall pemi corkscrew as in do the pemi loop but add twin brook Lincoln brook and franconia brook tr. i did it in the summer of 2013 in a day but never in the fall winter or spring. now for the gold nugget climb Garfield from Lincoln woods via Garfield crag and the knee in winter (this may have been done by Guy Waterman I'm not sure trying to conf. who is in? Anyone have any other fun firsts ?

I like it, although I probably can't join. How long do you think the trip will take?

I volunteer to be the first one to hand you a beer in the parking lot when you finish. Wow and good luck!

ummmmmm a little above my pay grade ;)

I've set my sights a little lower: A first for me would be starting and ending winter with no new injuries.

I am planning several hikes for this winter as what i believe to be firsts. ill start with hiking all the 48 in a single trip. as in no car in the winter.

This idea is compelling and I've thought about it (not considered it, but thought about it). Out of curiosity:

1. Will you sleep out each night of the hike (tent, bivy sac, shelters?) or will you use things such as AMC/RMC winter camps, hostels, inns, beds?

2. Will you resupply in towns when you need food or do you plan to carry all you need, cache ahead of time, and/or use a support team?

3. Will you use road walks between mountains whenever possible or head deep into the unbroken snow on trailed routes?

4. Will you have a team of mules (trailbreakers) or will you take the trails as you find them?

5. Are you sufficiently crazy? Because you'll need to be to finish this. ;)

Good luck! Keep us posted.

I know someone who has climbed the Garfield from that crag in the winter, he said it was a bi...:eek: