Ebenezer Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Bourque

Reaction score
Driving north on Rt. 9N towards Upper Jay there is a mountain I believe to be Ebenezer Mountain. It has very many open ledges. Views from the top must be outstanding. Some searching on-line indicates it is not public land. It still begs the question, is there a herdpath up this mountain and/or do the property owners allow access? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave, been looking for you. The problem is that the Essex county online tax maps are lousy. Some counties have great tax maps. You can drop in roads, tops, terrain, and the mountain has the property boundaries superimposed. For Delaware and some other counties, you click on the land parcel and the property owner's name and address pops up. I'll find out eventually.

Thanks. I have some follow-up information I received from a friend. The entire mountain is owned by Wellscroft Ice House LLC. On-line lists a Vermont address and not much more. I still wonder if there are any herdpaths??

Maybe giving them a call after the hunting season is over so they won't think you're looking to hunt vs hike.

Contact Information:
Wellscroft Ice House, Llc
Po Box 12226
Middlebury, VT 05753