MSR model of the year - No more Evo or Pros

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had an issue with the Revo Ascents slipping forward as I descended. Looking forward to getting out with them again in the High Peaks.

First post of the season. hello to everyone!
Myles

Years back my wife gave me a set of Yukon Charlies and said I'm giving you these so you can walk back in the woods with them and won't have to go winter hiking. That was the beginning of my winter hiking. :) I hiked a lot of peaks with them. I wore out the aluminum crampons and called and they sent me replacement crampons and since they were bolted and not riveted on I was able to replace them myself. However, shortly after making the repair I bought a set of MSR Evo Ascents and I never looked back. The owner of the company, by the way was originally from Bridgton ME although he now is situated in Mass.

Just to be clear, I was not dissing Yukon Charlie shoes. If you do a search in the forums you'll see that I've been plugging them as a great cheap option since I bought my 1st pair at "cringe alert" Walmart many years ago. Was just really surprised to see them in an EMS store, times are a-changing! I bought a pair of Tubs Flex TRX shoes a couple of years ago from EMS for $80 at a spring sale and they are still in their original packaging in my cellar as the YC shoes are still going strong.