Stores with Telemark Equipement

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puck

Reaction score
what are your favorite stores for telemark equipment in New Hampshire and Vermont?

I am very am aware of Ragged Mountain.

Thanks for the help.

It isn't convenient to the White Mountains, but Outdoor Gear Exchange in Burlington, VT probably has one of the best selections of both new and used backcountry ski gear in northern New England.

Once you know what you want, it might be worth checking some smaller shops, even ones that don't specialize in tele gear. I've found that sometimes these places can have good deals on backcountry equipment, presumably because they aren't turning over their inventory that fast.

OGE, REI in Reading, the EMS in Conway, IME, Mountain Travelers in Rutland, Village Ski and Sport in Lincoln - those are the ones I've used and found useful.

If you know what model ski/boot/etc you want to buy, a search engine can be very helpful...

While I generally prefer to buy in local stores, I've scored some nice out-of-season bargains on new skis/gear by this trick plus a mail order.

Doug

Outdoor Gear Exchange in Burlington, Vt. Great selection of new and used.

Seeker--what's the origin of your signature quote? Strawberries, champagne--I like it!

???

--Carla