Any Picasa experts out there??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gillian

Reaction score
Exeter, NH; Avatar: Carrauntoohill, Co. Kerry, Ire
Ok, Ok, I know this has nothing to do with hiking...well it kinda does because I want to organize my photos and that includes hiking ones!

I tried the Picasa web forums but no answer and I know there are a lot of tech savy people on here....

So, I get this message when I try to "organize" my photos on Picasa Web and move a photo to either a new album or an existing one. I have plenty of storage.

Unable to move one or more items. Destination album may be full.

Does anyone know why this might be?

thanks!

Gillian

Maybe they have a limit per folder. Are you able to move a photo to a new album? Try ,as a test to make a new album and fill it until you get the same number of photos as in the first album. If you get the same error the answer is likely a limit on folder.

Ok, Ok, I know this has nothing to do with hiking...well it kinda does because I want to organize my photos and that includes hiking ones!

I tried the Picasa web forums but no answer and I know there are a lot of tech savy people on here....

So, I get this message when I try to "organize" my photos on Picasa Web and move a photo to either a new album or an existing one. I have plenty of storage.

Unable to move one or more items. Destination album may be full.

Does anyone know why this might be?

thanks!

Gillian

I believe Google is no longer supporting Picassa in order to redirect people to Google+/Google Photos instead. Personally, I much prefer Picassa myself, but have been having various troubles on there periodically. Certain tabs no longer work for me (I can only edit pictures one way now although other options appear to exist).

If you are talking about just moving individual photos, 1 at a time to another folder, it can be done quite easily. And I just checked to make sure it can still be done. You first need to select a specific photo. Then from the drop down list labeled actions, choose move to another folder. Very easy.

I believe Google is no longer supporting Picassa in order to redirect people to Google+/Google Photos instead. Personally, I much prefer Picassa myself, but have been having various troubles on there periodically. Certain tabs no longer work for me (I can only edit pictures one way now although other options appear to exist).

What you are referring to is the Picasa web album, as far as I know Picasa desk top remains intact. Wikipedia made this statement: "Google integrated Picasa Web Albums into Google+ in 2013. Users who access their Picasa Web Albums automatically get redirected to Google+. Google released the statement: “Google+ is the new home for your photos.”[26] Those who wish to continue using Picasa Web Albums and wish to go to the old website, should use the URL https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos?noredirect=1 . Google still seems committed to the Picasa Desktop application.[27]"