Three Season Boot

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierra

Reaction score
I've always used what I refer to a 3 season boot during the " Shoulder" season. That boot was the lasportiva Makalue. I had a brand new pair ready to go this year, but after 2 torturous hikes, have decided, they are too narrow and I'm not into the "break in" period. So, I'm looking for suggestions for this style of boot. Requirerments are, good ankle support and over the ankle height, good vibram sole, waterproof, either non insulated or lightly insulated, and tough. I tend to pay for boots, I'm not looking for cheap, if they are 200 to 300 bucks, thats ok. Thanks.
P.S. My makalues are size nine when you convert them, 275.00 new, want them, pm me, or they will be in IME consignment soon.

I have that same boot and love it. I got a replacement pair last year. The originals I wore out were good but the newer ones I found even better. For such a stiff boot (not shank) there was minimal break in for me. So it sounds like your situation the Makula will just not fit you. I have serious fit issues with lots of boots. LaSportiva is up and down with width. Or should I say side to side! If you have a little time, try the LaSportiva Omega GTX. I love this boot! La Sportiva tends to be heavy but very durable on the rocks. Zappos usually has them, and if you don't like them of course they pay for the return shipping.