Liberty and Flume via LS 12.7.14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombadil

Reaction score
12.7.14, Liberty Springs to Franconia Ridge

The trail was broken out by a mix of bareboots and snowshoes. It's pretty boney down low but once LS begins to climb a bit the trail is pretty nicely filled in. Franconia Ridge was blown in a bit and looked as though they only received powder from this latest storm up high but I could be wrong. With the loose powder it was a tad bit choppier heading over to Flume compared to the nice sidewalk on the upper LS. I wore microspikes right from the car but carried snowshoes too. Snowshoes wouldn't have been overkill on the ridge but given I was in a hurry to catch the sunset on Liberty on the way up I didn't switch.

other notes:
Franconia Ridge heading north to Little Haystack looked as though it had seen a couple of barebooters. Flume Slide had a couple of tracks as well. The 'shortcut' logging grade was broken out though I still have yet to take it.

On the whole a nice day out there and it's been a few years since I only did these 2 together, I forgot how enjoyable and fast they are!

Pat
pcushing21 at yahoo dot com