Great Breakfast

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendellator

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone here has eaten at the Water Wheel in Jefferson,but if you can go. The pancakes with nuts and honey are great. If you are super hungry you can order the Hungry as A Bear it has a dozen eggs in it.Plus the owners are super friendly and don't mind stinky Hikers/Climbers.They also have maps and some good reading material if you planning a long hike and need a book
They are closed tues and wend.
Wendell

I've driven by there so many times & wondered "It looks kinda iffy, do I dare?" Thanks for the tip!

This is an interesting place.

IMO, if you want to go to a place and not leave hungry, this is it. The portions are kind of ridiculous in size. The last time I had eggs there the pile actually had height to it. They might have the largest coffee rolls I've ever seen.

I prefer a few other places for breakfast locally, but this one definitely has a niche and serves a big plate of food. It certainly gets busy some days too.

Would you share your other local favorites, i believe in supporting local.
Thanks

Would you share your other local favorites, i believe in supporting local.
Thanks

I get around a bit, but in that area, I like the White Mountain Cafe in Gorham for coffee shop food, sandwiches, and light stuff. Not a place to go to gorge yourself. Welsh's in Gorham also does a nice buffet on Sundays with an omelette bar and pretty good food, sometimes with live acoustic music. Admittedly, I'm a regular at WMC so I am biased, but Welsh's does a reasonably nice job with the buffet. You can gorge there.

I get around a bit, but in that area, I like the White Mountain Cafe in Gorham for coffee shop food, sandwiches, and light stuff. Not a place to go to gorge yourself. Welsh's in Gorham also does a nice buffet on Sundays with an omelette bar and pretty good food, sometimes with live acoustic music. Admittedly, I'm a regular at WMC so I am biased, but Welsh's does a reasonably nice job with the buffet. You can gorge there.

Edit: there have been a few good threads on local places to eat in the Whites if you do a search, a recent one as well. That has dinners too.

The Water Wheel is quite busy most weekends. Not much left in Berlin Gorham for Breakfast these days. Welches is open weekends and two days during the week. They have good food but the Sunday brunch is too late for hikers. White Mountain Cafe is definitely local and the is the only high end coffee in the area.

Water Wheel is too busy, crowded and noisy for my liking. The portions are big but I thought the price was a little high for breakfast. The food is good but not great IMO.

I stay in Jefferson fairly often and like to travel over to Grandma's Kitchen in Whitefield for breakfast. The portions are big, the food is very good and inexpensive. They have daily omelet specials. I had a steak and cheese omelet last time I was there and it was outstanding. During the summer you can sit out on the screened in porch.