Is it December 21st yet ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
(A rhetorical question). Sure looks like early winter out there in northern NH and given the forecast the north country should be looking a lot more so by the weekend. I expect the forecasted snow should set up a good base and lock in the small undergrowth. I took a quick walk around my lot yesterday, and there is about 10 to 12 inches on the ground but no crust developed so its easy to get tripped up by the small stuff buried in the snow.

Probably not a good year to wait for sales on snowshoes as usually snow prior to Christmas cleans out inventories. Of course their may still be good deals in southern New England as it will be rain event.

The good news is yesterday was the latest sunrise of the year in most areas.

I'm confused about the NY comment. It applies everywhere DST is observed (or at least I have yet to find an exception).

Also, why am I not surprised that sardog1 posted in this thread? ;) 5 years go by fast! :D

Seriously, it is useful to know that the Sun rises so late in late October / early November.