chain of ponds around Thoreau Falls?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brambor

Reaction score
Bear with me please...i could have been hallucinating yesterday but on the Ethan trail from ethan pond towards the footbridge near Thoreau Falls I thought I saw a reference to Chain Of Ponds on one of the signs just before the footbridge. When I rechecked the map today I see no reference to this at all.

Pretty demanding day yesterday...breaking trail all the way from AT on 302 to Ethan trail to Zealand trail. Plenty of snow but breakable crust and the plenty of open water on the trail from Ethan Pond to Thoreau falls. The Zealand trail skied great although it was dark and I had to use a headlamp.

never heard of the Chain of Ponds in there... and I've been there a lot, but, sometimes my mind drifts..... :)

BUT, maybe they should have a general sign saying, "Chain of swamps" - as, other than the trail, it's pretty swampy all through those woods!!!!!

Looks like I need to go back again this season ;-) and check the sign. It appeared that I saw some reference to chain of ponds or chain of lakes on the sign but most likely I just glanced to make sure I was on the right trail and going in the right direction and kept going and my mind filled some garbage into my memory later. :)

When I was in there this fall doing a long loop of the Willey range from Zealand Road I didn't notice anything that said that. I tend to look at each sign just to make sure I am where I think i am.