skiing Cherry mtn road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brambor

Reaction score
Anyone skied the cherry Mtn road from bretton woods to 115? Is it a snowmobile affair or a decent choice for was BC skiing?

I've done it a number of times by dogsled, continuing north to Jefferson Notch Road, crossing the base road, and then along Mt Clinton Road to Crawford Notch. I've also skied portions of the route. Plenty of snowmoblies on weekends, but still worth doing. If you can go on a weekday you'll have it to yourself.

excellent. Thank You for your response.

I've done it a number of times by dogsled, continuing north to Jefferson Notch Road, crossing the base road, and then along Mt Clinton Road to Crawford Notch. I've also skied portions of the route. Plenty of snowmoblies on weekends, but still worth doing. If you can go on a weekday you'll have it to yourself.

We ski and snowmobile groomed trails in the whites, so I see both sides:
BUT - I will hear them before they see me, so, I step off to the side when skiing even though I have the "right of way".

My house here in Western Maine sits right beside one of the ITS (Integrated Trail System) routes. I regularly ski on the beautifully groomed trails, but always wear my blaze orange vest just as though it is still deer season. By the way, the newer four stroke sleds are very quiet compared to the old style. Smell better too.