Mt Washington, 12/14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaze

Reaction score
Via Tuckerman Ravine Trail and the Lion Head Trail "summer" route.

There were many people using crampons. I wore Hillshounds as far as the upper summer route/winter route junction, and snowshoes from there. I carried an ice axe but used trekking poles the whole way.

Mostly in the clouds on ascent, but we enjoyed a spectacular undercast on descent.

15997931416_029d753f25_k.jpg

Hey Blaze, we must have just missed you. We came up the Crawford Path and were on the summit just before 1. Possibly a little earlier than you? Judging by the blue sky in your photos. I will agree, the undercast was most impressive.

20141214_135024.jpg

20141214_140452.jpg

Hey Blaze, we must have just missed you. We came up the Crawford Path and were on the summit just before 1. Possibly a little earlier than you? Judging by the blue sky in your photos. I will agree, the undercast was most impressive.

20141214_135024.jpg

20141214_140452.jpg

Nice shots! We also summited just before 1:00 PM.

We must have just missed you. There was 3 of us plus 1 dog in a grey coat.

Thanks for continuing to post your outstanding photos here ( your baldface shots had nice skies). I was on pierce that day, sunday and visibility was as limited as I've experienced, about 50 feet. I was wondering how high I would have to keep climbing to escape the clouds. Thanks for taking me there vicariously.

Thanks for continuing to post your outstanding photos here ( your baldface shots had nice skies). I was on pierce that day, sunday and visibility was as limited as I've experienced, about 50 feet. I was wondering how high I would have to keep climbing to escape the clouds. Thanks for taking me there vicariously.

Thank you, most kind. Happy holidays!