S. Carter, M. Carter, Carter Dome, Wildcat A-D Peak

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dailey7779

Reaction score
Date of Hike: Saturday, January 17th

Trails: Nineteen Mile Brook, Carter Dome, Carter-Moriah, Wildcat Ridge Trail, Ski Trails, Road Walk

Special Equipment: Light Traction, Snowshoes

Trail Conditions: Bare boots or light traction for Nineteen-Mile Brook and Carter Dome Trail as they are packed down perfectly. I used snowshoes the rest of the way as early in the morning it was drifted in on the ridge until coming down the steeps from Carter Dome. I know trail saw use and I have two friends who ended up not using snowshoes later in the day so it might be decently packed down up there. The steeps up to Wildcat A had no tracks as of 11:30 a.m., it had some big drifts below the slide but then it got much better above it. From A Peak to D Peak you can use snowshoes or light traction, whatever floats your boat! Took the ski trails down, (polecats) which were well groomed, stay on the edges, skiers were friendly, $10 uphill access pass. Road walk is just under three miles from the bottom of the slopes back to Nineteen-Mile Brook Trailhead, didn't get run over - success!

Comments: It was below zero and the wind was whipping above me early in the morning but it then died down and became audible by late morning over on this side of the notch. Awesome crystal clear views. Great to run into Ed at Zeta Pass, thanks for the chocolate! Report / Pics

Name: Chris

Email: [email protected]