Antiperspirant & Feet

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BISCUT

Reaction score
I've sprayed antiperspirant on my feet prior to putting on the SmartWool socks as a routine for a looong time. I was talking to a fellow, well experienced hiker and he said he hadn't heard of it. I had read it somewhere but cannot remember. How many of you spray your feet? :eek:

My feet don't sweat heavily, but they do sweat. I've never noticed any reduction in breathing of my feet. Give it a shot....or should I say, spray.

One approach for winter hiking is to run vapor barrier socks or bread bags under your socks. Once the foot establishes a damp atmosphere around the foot, it will stop sweating. This makes a big difference as the socks and interior of the boot do not get damp and retain the insulating value considerably. The trade off is that it is not something to do for days at a time twenty four hours a day as trenchfoot can occur.

It's an old trick. My feet sweat quite a bit and I sometimes use antiperspirant on them. I've read that it works best if you start a day or two before going out.

Doug

It's an old trick. My feet sweat quite a bit and I sometimes use antiperspirant on them. I've read that it works best if you start a day or two before going out.

Doug

No kidding, this is new to me. Guess I was hiding under a rock someplace when everyone was spraying there feet.;)