Mt Isolation Engine Hill and Davis path bushwacks - more info, please

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathyf

Reaction score
I'm looking to hike Mt Isolation before the middle of March... I'd like to know more about the bushwacks used in winter hiking. :)

I believe there is some more information on this site if you search including a GPS track..hopefully the snowshoe track will be back in service sometime in the near future, after this big snow event going on...we had a snowshoe trench, though windblown snow in spots, to follow on 1-22-15, that made it very easy!! we just did the Engine Hill to Isolation Trail BW and took Isolation and Davis Path to the summit spur trail...other hiking sites too may have info for you...hope it works out for you..!

What I do is at Engine Hill Pass where it is flat, look for the T carved into a tree on the right. Start your bushwhack from there by taking a right and stay at the elevation...might even be better to start a little higher. You'll enter the beautiful birch glades and you'll start noticing that you are getting north of Isolation. At this point, I do an angled descent eventually reaching Rocky Branch Trail. It's not perfect, but I hate math. :) If you're lucky, someone may have broken it for you so all you have to do is follow!

Here are 4 trips' worth of tracks, as a visual aide:

isotopo.jpg isoge.jpg

I'm most-partial to the magenta one. It includes the "drainage bushwack" which avoids some elevation where the trail goes up and around the camp site.

Tim

Last edited: