Snow totals

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather&Kali

Reaction score
What did everyone get? Looks like a foot here in concord. I am most interested with the north country for obvious reasons.

Not the north Country but we got hit with 28-30 inches in Dover. I haven't seen a storm like this since living in Buffalo. My car is literally completely buried and invisible except for the top of the antenna. Even the side view mirrors are covered.

It actually snowed somewhere? I don't have 12" in a drift! Probably got 1-3" in Rumney...

Steve

Not the north Country but we got hit with 28-30 inches in Dover.
I don't have a measurement since what I had to shovel was anywhere between 12" and 6' (right downtown). The drifting was terrible. But at least I did get to snowshoe to the bar after clearing the driveway, really fluffy pow that made for hard going. 7th Settlement was packed with skis and snowshoes. Friday's almost going to be worse, since we got no place left to put it. I imagine the north/west part of the community path is going to be awesome until the barebooters get out there.

I did get an email from the AMC in the middle of it saying I should make Saturday reservations at Pinkham to come up and enjoy the powder, making all sorts of claims about the condition of the Sherbie. I really hope that was by inference and they didn't actually go out in the storm to check it out.

Read with caution; some of these reports are from Tuesday am
...COOS COUNTY...
4 ESE BERLIN 17.0 700 AM 1/28
PINKHAM NOTCH 15.0 436 AM 1/28
3 ESE JEFFERSON 12.5 1239 AM 1/28
1 NE RANDOLPH 12.1 700 AM 1/28
BERLIN 12.0 724 AM 1/28
1 NW RANDOLPH 8.6 618 PM 1/27
6 NE PITTSBURG 6.0 700 AM 1/28
WHITEFIELD 6.0 837 AM 1/28
1 SE LANCASTER 5.0 108 PM 1/27
NORTH STRATFORD T 700 AM 1/27

I don't have a measurement since what I had to shovel was anywhere between 12" and 6' (right downtown). The drifting was terrible. But at least I did get to snowshoe to the bar after clearing the driveway, really fluffy pow that made for hard going. 7th Settlement was packed with skis and snowshoes. Friday's almost going to be worse, since we got no place left to put it. I imagine the north/west part of the community path is going to be awesome until the barebooters get out there.

I did get an email from the AMC in the middle of it saying I should make Saturday reservations at Pinkham to come up and enjoy the powder, making all sorts of claims about the condition of the Sherbie. I really hope that was by inference and they didn't actually go out in the storm to check it out.

Yeah, I had to go with WMUR for totals. It's hard to tell exactly how much is there other than lots.

Going out to bars during the storm used to be a regular thing back in the day in western NY. I may have to check out the path downtown while it's got snow! Good thought.

Yeah, it was hard to measure. Thanks for the rough numbers. It is hard to tell what to expect this weekend outside of snow drifts. I am sure the usual places in the mountains will be drifted. Glad I got the hard work for January done last weekend!

Happiest of Trails to all, lets go break some snow!

Driving back from Gunstock last night (which had a bit more than a foot) it was quite apparent that Manchester was the line between the moderate and big totals. South of the city the snowbanks really jumped in size.

High and dry over here in the Adirondack High Peaks. An inch of fluff, then zero degrees.

8 inches in Waterville Valley, Campton-Thornton area. I took a hike to the Welsh Ledges yesterday and the snow is so light/fluffy that my snowshoes were hitting the ice underneath. Just a word of precaution. Hopefully with the sun helping to consolidate the snow, the trails cover the ice.

About 31 inches in the Hampton area with drifts that surpass that amount. We had snow up to the windows on one side of the living room. I broke trail to the propane tank, wore snowshoes the whole time ;)

Z :D

Wow, I guess I am lucky to be North of Manchester on this one! The trailbreaking shouldn't be awful then if it stayed light and fluffy. That is a positive, right? Lots of miles to go this weekend, as usual.