Least difficult route to Jefferson when there's wind

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you ever notice that the Mount Washington F6 weather summary has the "ground elevation" at 6280 ft? I assume they have stayed with 6,288 ft over the years for tourism purposes possibly?

After due consideration, I stayed at home and read a book on Saturday, and then Saturday night read people's Facebook postings about how cold it was. Have to say that I think I made the right decision!

After due consideration, I stayed at home and read a book on Saturday, and then Saturday night read people's Facebook postings about how cold it was. Have to say that I think I made the right decision!

I got my first summit involving a bit of challenge in quite a while Saturday - western Mass's Mount Tom. Nothing epic like a winter 4K, but a challenge to go up its steep side. It was a good feeling to stand atop that familiar summit in the unfamiliar winter setting after a good, sustained effort. Beautiful place. The longer, flatter trip back down and around the mountain was fun, too. The snow on the mountain, except for some drifts, was shallower than in my yard in West Hartford.