Good deal at LL Bean outlet currently

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooZiggy

Reaction score
Just a heads up- LL Bean outlets are having a sale on insulated outerwear- 30% off lowest price. Just picked up one of their lightweight stowable primaloft jackets (ala Patagonia Puff) for $56. Great deal. Love how light it is and how much it packs down- it's going to take up a lot less room in my pack than my R2 fleece jacket.

How did you find the sizing? I really liked the jacket but it was 2 tight for me in the shoulders. Had to return it :( Isn't it amazing just how light it is?

Sizing was interesting. I think the perfect size would have been Medium and 1/2. If I were just getting one to wear out to the local pub and look the part, I'd have gone with the medium. I went with the large so that I could accommodate a base layer and midweight fleece under it, and still have good shoulder mobility for scampering over rocks and ice. With the draw cord around the waist too, I figured a little extra air would keep me that much warmer. And if I fall off a mountain I want to be able to freely flail my arms as I yell "I regret nothinggggg..."

I haven't been out in the backcountry in it yet, but wearing it on my errands today in 7 degrees with 40+ mph gusts, I can't believe how warm it is. And I love its packability. So much more compact than my fleece jacket folded up like a blanket.

They are amazing! Gr8 how far technology has taken us in our gear! I know, comes with positive and negatives. I like the way Mt. Hardware has sizing info. I have an Active Fit jacket that is snugger and has stretch in it for a close fit but freedom of movement and their standard fit seems to be pretty well on for sizing compared to "norm." I've found Bean in 2013/14 to have much narrower (especially shoulders) garments than they usually have in the past.