Our friend the Eastern Marmot

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
From the looks of the weather, up coming forecasts and the temps in the whites this morning, I don't think any right minded woodchuck even stirred today ;). Thus ensuring a great second half to the winter season hiking (come on admit it, the early season snow drought leading to multiple summit lists being completed, gets boring after awhile!)

From the looks of the weather, up coming forecasts and the temps in the whites this morning, I don't think any right minded woodchuck even stirred today ;). Thus ensuring a great second half to the winter season hiking (come on admit it, the early season snow drought leading to multiple summit lists being completed, gets boring after awhile!)

I agree, winter is just getting started. Bring on the snowpack.

Besides, that woodchuck lives closer to the Mason Dixon line than he does to the White Mountains. ;)

Our groundhog came out from under the shed and was basking in the glow of the Patriots victory suggesting at least six more weeks of a snow job by the talking fools of NBC.

Hmmm, you're holding a wild animal an inch from your ear. What do you THINK is going to happen?

Yesterday was Candlemass, the Feast of the Presentation of Christ in the Temple and the Purification of the Blessid Virgin. According to the Torah a woman is unpure for forty days after giving birth. European tradition has it that the weather on Candlemass indicates to weather for the next forty days. I'm not religious, but I dis-like the Coca Cola Santa stuff.