Mt Kinsman trail from 116

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KPMMBM

Reaction score
anybody on the ground in the area know if there has been any recent activity on this trail? I've been watching the trail conditions sites but last reported trip was Jan 17. thanks in advance

I hiked this trail on 1/11 and I think it gets a fair amount of hikers on weekends. I saw about a half dozen other people. Weekdays I would think not so much, so who knows what it looks like after this last storm on Monday. FYI, the trailhead has been moved to right before the Tamarack Tennis Camp if you're coming north on 116. We drove right past the giant sign.

Is that lot plowed in winter? I believe I had read that the new lot is actually off Rte 116 now so I was curious if it gets maintained or if you park along 116.

Dave - on the FB 4,000 Footer Club page yesterday 2/6 morning, Kate Verin said the Mt Kinman lot has not been plowed. This morning Adam Calnan said he was going there today and would report back. FYI. I was there 1/18 and it was plowed fine but that's of no help to you now.

Mt Kinsman trail lot, not plowed. one of our group shoveled some spots just as you turn in off 116 so that we could double and triple park today