Boot laces

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather&Kali

Reaction score
I am chewing through boot laces (currently have three pair of boots in need) and was thinking, "Who do I ask about this one?" when it occured to me VFTT is the perfect place. So does anyone know a great place to buy BOOT LACES?

I try to buy a spare pair of matching laces anytime I buy boots or shoes but any shoe store, outdoor store or work clothes store would have a selection, though not always what you want. Try to find a pink pair to show your VFTT colors. I prefer the athletic style lace as they seem to hold better for me and have learned not to wash them when I clean my boots since that apparently smooths them out and loosens their grip in the knot. Leather laces are a favorite of mine and you can buy it in bulk and cut it down to any size you want.

They make Kevlar laces. I found some on amazon.

For sneakers, people are making there own knot-less laces out of bulk synthetic round lace, those little shock cord clips with springs, and special plastic ends which serve the same purpose as those wrappers on the end of the lace. Not sure if it would work with hiking boots.

I find that the round / inner-outer layer ones tend to rip on my boot lace lugs.

&^@^* I was right down the road from Limmer and did not even think about them. All I've been able to find is the round ones when I was looking for flat. Maybe I'll get there next month as I need some for my plastic boots too.