Sunglasses

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Rockburn, Quebec, Canada living in an old (1830) o
Does anyone know of a brand of European made sunglasses? There are several European companies, but most ship Asian made glasses to North America. European companies offer high end glasses made there, but it's diificult to find which model. I'm especially interested in polarised lenses for fly fishing.

Thank you all. I've been out of the loop for several years and hope to catch up with the 'Young Turks' of the Chateauguay River Chapter of Trout Unlimited Canada. I had a pair of Ray Bans, made in the US, but not polarised. I have Cébé glacier glasses (a bit too dark for driving most of the time), but they went bankrupt and are not polarised. I'll try to find some stockists. My concern is that many European firms sell low end made off-shore and offer their high-end, European products that can be hard to find over here.

Hi Gremlin,

I know you are specifically looking for sunglasses of a European origin, but IMHO Costa del Mar makes the best polarized sunglasses for fishing applications.

I have a pair of Joses with a grey filter in the 400 polycarbonate lenses and a pair of the Zanes with 580 glass lenses. The 580 lenses are unbelievable. I have been on the water with people wearing Ray Bans, Wiley X, Smiths, Maui Jims, and Revos and not one person has ever stated that they prefer the filter and polarization of their lenses over mine.

The Zanes with the green mirrored lenses and the 580 glass are perfect for stalking shallow water species. The silver lenses are also a nice option.

I am not trying to steer you away from European makers, but these sunglasses are worth trying on before you opt for something else that is of the same price or higher. FWIW.

Here is a link to Costa's lens information page:
https://www.costadelmar.com/shop/sunglasses/technology/lenses

Z :D