This week in the Shire 2/21/14 Liberty, Flume, Cabot, Waumbec

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasein

Reaction score
With only a month left to winter the heat is on for Lucy and I to finish our single winter season 48. Catch up on the story and get our reports for this weekends hikes of Liberty, Flume, Cabot, and Wambec here http://wp.me/p3XzRU-vi Let's just hope we can keep the wind in our sails!

Good luck! For what it's worth, sleeping in the Cabin is a nice place to wake-up and already be so high up, but it's not really insulated (and the stove is long gone), so it's cold but with no wind. Still a fun experience!

My other dog General Patton and I stayed up there this past fall. There were 11 people total and two dogs so it was quite warm. It was a blast! Made some great friends that night. I would have been very cold up there Saturday night though with only my 30 degree bag. Very glad I did not go for it.

I really miss the woodstove in that cabin. I had hopes when the FS announced that they were going to set it up for reservation use but haven't heard anything of late. I expect the radio tower will go in long before the cabin gets rented out.

I never got to stay there when the wood stove was in operation. Such a shame.