Pin-pin

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fairly sure it's this guy: http://www.canada411.ca/res/4507533224/Alain-Chevrette/198832065.html.

Which "might" also be this guy, which you may know from looking at his pics: https://www.facebook.com/pompier1957?fref=browse_search

He provided some memorable trip reports here on VFTT in the past, and my impression was that he'd be a helluva backcountry companion if you could keep up with him ...

I remember those reports but don't see his name on the members list now. Just a hunch, but you might check with Yvon, I have a feeling he might know him.

Alain (Pin Pin) is a deserved legend for his accomplishments. Burning thru groups of peaks, winter or summer. A hiking and bushwhacking machine.

I have a picture of him and my friend. He is a legend. He is faster than fast. I felt like we were standing still when he passed us and disappeared in the trees.

Alain does not have a FACEBOOK page and the address given above is wrong by miles and miles and miles... and yes he is still hiking in the Adirondacks...

I hiked the Santanoni Range in winter with Alain. I could not keep up with him even as he was breaking trail thru +/- 12 " snow. Pin-Pin and Jr are rabbits.

Yeah! I was overtaken by him one lovely March afternoon high up on the Allen slide ... had a brief chat with him later on near the bottom, as I believe he and his companion had gone somewhere further along the ridge before heading down. He seemed very joyful.

Last I remember was that he had completed 100 rounds of the 46 and was the fifth — I think — finisher of the Northeast 3K list. In pursuit of the latter, he did all of the Catskills’ 3000-footers in one winter despite never having hiked there before.

But what about Tom Sawyer? He was on the verge of finishing the Northeast 3K’s in winter ages ago and I never heard anything more about it.

Here is PinPin with The Queen on October 7, 1999, on their way to Table Top.

16054459544_f567704015_b.jpg

So, have you answered the original inquiry privately, or is he deep under cover with CSIS?
I don't believe this is an appropiate venue to disclose/uncover anyone's personal info. This is a public forum with many private members. Furthermore IMHO I think the Mods here should immediately delete any private info posted publically.