Golf course bushwhack for Crocker Mtn

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiker0200

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much more distance doing the golf course bushwhack adds to the Crockers in winter? I would just do the Crockers and call it a day; I don't know how well I'd be able to follow the Redington herd path in winter. I know that in summer, it's around 6.5 miles for both Crockers, but what would the roundtrip distance be with the bushwhack? I need to know because I have an approx. 3.75-4 hour drive each way, and if it's too long of a hike, I'd either have to leave at an ungodly hour or get home at an ungodly hour (or both).

Thanks in advance!

FWIW, I measured the golf course bushwhack at 0.8 miles from the bridge over the river to the CVR. Then, about 1.8 miles along the CVR to the AT. Our route, while easy, wasn't the straightest / shortest distance between two points. Both distances obtained from our actual GPS track.

Tim

I thought the whole point of starting from the golf course was that it's SHORTER than starting at the end of Caribou Pond Road, right?

I thought the whole point of starting from the golf course was that it's SHORTER than starting at the end of Caribou Pond Road, right?

Yeah, the CVR is somewhere between 4 to 4.5 miles out to ME 27. So the whack and road walk we did was much shorter than walking the road in and out or the A.T. itself.

-Chris