Mt Potash - Downes Brook & Mt. Potash trails - 3/20

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Date of Hike: March 20th, 2015

Trail Conditions: no meaningful blow downs, was two trees that you had to limbo under or around, not much bending unless you had your snowshoes high on your pack. well trodden, Garry went with bare boots and Micro's without any post holing except when he wandered a bit on the summit.

Special Equipment Required: Warmer today with little wind, I purchased some new mittens and shells & did not need the shells. We spent much more time on top today than we had on Tecumseh Wednesday in the wind. No issues going barehanded taking pictures. Cloudy skies but the ceiling was well above 6288 feet, great views so a camera was required. I wore my MSR's the whole way. Had Garry opted for his snowshoes, he likely would have slipped on the steeper spots

Comments: Optional - Only saw two younger, faster guys and their dogs. After the other two days, about all I could do today. First three days in a row in NH in quite sometime. It was great to be back hiking in NH that many days. Looking forward to three days with Troop 72, Colchester, CT, this summer.

Thank you to the two guys for picking up my mitten and putting it on my windshield. We did find a faux polyester fur scarf midway down that we brought to the trailhead. I understand a fairly large meet-up group is set to descend on Potash on 3/21.

Mike P. & Garry G.
[email protected]

Last edited: