Top 25 New England Hikes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am 5 short of the headliners, and about 5 short of the honorable mention. They are now on my list though! I'd like to know where this place is though - sorry for the small image. safe_image.jpg

I'm fairly certain that this is on the Dudley Trail heading up to Pimola Peak. Pinnacle Rock I think it's called.

All but Mt. Hunger and Stowe Pinnacle. I need to spend more time in Vermont. All but Mt. Pisgah, Gulf Hagas and Moxie Falls among the runners-up. Of course, the list is arbitrary and no doubt differs from what I might come up with (but I wouldn't try).

A good list, no debate about that, though I suspect we could all add a few favorite peaks that might have less to do with the scenery than other memorable qualities, some of which might not be replicated the next time or by someone else, but any comprehensive New England list would probably have to be called 1000 Places to Hike in New England Before You Die.

19 of the first 25 and 16 of the second 25. Many of the 19 and the 16 multiple times. If you haven't been to Hunger & Stowe Pinnacle, you should go, not too hard either.

Need Hunger and Stowe Pinnacle in VT ad Travelers in Maine...need 5 of the second 25...like many who have to travel up to Northern NH to enjoy our peaks, finding the time to travel to do these hikes are reason have not done them yet!! Percy Peaks are in my back yard and if you can, get them sometime....

I've neglected the Lakes Region and Acadia, and Stowe Pinnacle. But have done all the others. Two I would add to the list: Little Spencer, between Moosehead and Baxter--it has an interesting chimney in the middle, and great views toward Baxter--and Wheeler Mountain near Lake Willoughby--short but fun with a lot of scrambling over ledges.