Keys lost on trail found with a tile

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine was out hiking with a buddy last weekend in CT and the buddy lost his keys on the trail. Retraced his steps the next day. The keys had a Tile on them. He said it actually worked when the phone got close.

I tell folks, when they have a camera, make the first photo a shot of a piece of paper with their name, phone number and email on it, so if someone comes across the camera and turns it on, they'll know whom to contact.

At $25 a pop, Tiles are not cheap, but I'm happy to hear it worked on the trail.

Brian

Lost my keys in the Rainforest Café last night, Burlington, MA. I think those tiles have a $25 annual fee on them, but right now that would have saved me a bit of money. Something to consider if you are prone to misplacinging something important.

"Luddite" here: The secure zippered compartment in my pack doesn't need batteries either; and it came with the pack at no extra cost! :)

I just ordered a couple of tiles called TREK from an ad on Facebook. The batteries can be changed by the owner.

Another luddite, pockets in packs and zippered pockets in shorts and clips for keys....

Doesn't the bible say something about pride gone thing before the fall?

Or as my Pop used to say, "there's them that's humble, and them that ain't humble yet."

Careful, eh?