Hiking Partner wanted for 2 night Pemi hike. tent one and Zealand hut second

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHIKER

Reaction score
Good afternoon;

I'm a 76 year old long time hiker who is planning a casual hike from the Kancamagus (Lincoln Woods) to Zealand Road Trailhead.
Starting on the East Side Trail and going to the Thoreau Falls trail - spend the night in a tent there.
Day two hike to the Zealand Falls AMC Hut and spending the second night there.
Day three, out to the Zealand Road trailhead in AM and taking the AMC shuttle back to the car at Lincoln Woods.

The pace would obviously be slow (2 to 2.5 mph) due to my age (NOTE: my mind says do it all twice in one day but my body apparently has a different opinion!!!)

So, I'm looking for a person who also can't give up on hiking and just wants to get out there and enjoy. I know the bugs are bad in June but I have a
full "bug shirt" and also have a nice Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 tent that will do me just fine. At this point I'm thinking maybe some time between June
5 and 11? Of course that depends on being able to get into "Z" hut during that time as well as the weather.

If anyone is interested get in touch at [email protected]

Gordon "Renaissance Man" Ripley[/SIZE]

Plans have changed. Hike has been cancelled. Thanks for those who responded.
Gordon