Mt. Greylock - Cheshire Harbor & AT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Date of Hike: June 6th, 2015

Trail Conditions: With passing shower last night, trail was damp in a few spots but plenty of rocks to step on and no mud to speak of. Water on trail was low enough so that walking through it did not get socks wet even wearing trail shoes with a couple of small holes.

Special Equipment Required: After the front went through, the late afternoon temps were a bit chilly, a jacket would be nice. Lows expected overnight in the 30's.

Comments: Optional - After doing a short hike with the scouts in the AM, I wanted to hike something taller without needing a headlamp due to my late start. Greylock was perfect, started about 2:30 and was back at the car before 5:30. (PS, the Mountain Laurel is in full bloom at Case Mt. in Manchester, CT) Driving on I-90 on the way, you could see the NW sky clearing. by 4:00 it was a cloudless sky with excellent visibility.

Mike P.
[email protected]

August 1, 2015 update - same trails, a little later in the afternoon.

Date of Hike: June 6th, 2015

Trail Conditions: With passing shower last night, trail was damp in a few spots but plenty of rocks to step on and no mud to speak of. Water on trail was low enough so that walking through it did not get socks wet even wearing trail shoes with a couple of small holes.

Special Equipment Required: After the front went through, the late afternoon temps were a bit chilly, a jacket would be nice. Lows expected overnight in the 30's.

Comments: Optional - After doing a short hike with the scouts in the AM, I wanted to hike something taller without needing a headlamp due to my late start. Greylock was perfect, started about 2:30 and was back at the car before 5:30. (PS, the Mountain Laurel is in full bloom at Case Mt. in Manchester, CT) Driving on I-90 on the way, you could see the NW sky clearing. by 4:00 it was a cloudless sky with excellent visibility.

Mike P.
[email protected]

Slightly warmer than 6/7, started about 45 minutes later and finished 45 minutes later. Low's at night expected to in lower 50's in the Greylock area.