Eisenhower, Pierce & Jackson, Edmand, Ike Loop, C-Path, Webster Cliff, Web-Jackson

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Eisenhower, Pierce & Jackson, Edmand, Ike Loop, C-Path, Webster Cliff, Web-Jackson

Date of Hike: 6/20/2015

Trail Conditions: A little wetter than I thought they would be but no issues and not as muddy as my trip to the ADK last weekend. No meaningful blowdowns, a large fir tree on Webster-Jackson was partially blocking the trail and was easy to go around without leaving the trail. Sections with the deepest puddles and mud had rocks you may have needed to stretch to reach but they were there.

Comments: Parked at Crawford Connector lot at 8:30 and all spots were filled but I did get a spot near the fee tube. Rode my bike to Edmands and by then, they were parking on the road. Morning and early afternoon were stellar, barely a cloud and cool temps. Lots of people out today and Backpacker had a photographer on Eisenhower. Hut at 1:30 PM was not as busy as the summits. Fed a couple of hungry Canada Jays on Jackson. Hopefully the weather is 1/2 as good (or better) next weekend when I'm back with Troop 72 (Colchester, CT) for our 2015 Big Trip. On way through Franconia Notch, cars parked on both sides of the road rivaling Foliage weekends. Border patrol not out on Saturday, first time in several years they have not been out during the last Saturday of bike week.

Mike P.
[email protected]