Do you think Hancock Campground will fill up July 4th weekend?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was planning to stay here and enjoy alot of day hiking...arrival would be around 11pm Thursday. Do you think the campground will be filled?--its first come first served.

And Blueberry Crossing?

If so, any other camp sites that might not be filled?

I was planning to stay here and enjoy alot of day hiking...arrival would be around 11pm Thursday. Do you think the campground will be filled?--its first come first served.

And Blueberry Crossing?

If so, any other camp sites that might not be filled?

You might get a site, but you never know. Some of the FS campgrounds take reservations, I know the Covered Bridge does and I think Blueberry does. Another option would be Lafeyette Place, you might even be able to call them they have an office.

It's been a while since I've done it but If you don't get there pretty early Friday I personally doubt you'll find anything. And that's for pretty much any weekend in the summer there. And I'd imagine all the reserve-able sites at the WMNF campgrounds are already taken.

Given the great forecast I expect most spots will be filled up. There used to be some fairly reliable outlying spots like South Pond that got less use but since they didn't get much use they switched them over to Day use only. Milan Hill state park used to be good option but I think they get a lot of ATV users who want to be close to the ATV park.

I think your chances are slim at Hancock.

Campton campground is a good option, 4 exits south. I've arrived there late Friday night in the middle of summer on beautiful weekends on 2 separate occasions and there were plenty of open spots. I guess the fact that it's not on the Kanc causes it to see a lot less use. Very nice campsites, could be a great basecamp.