super wide boots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenpoint

Reaction score
My brother has extremely wide feet. His favorite shoes are 6 E width. Does anyone know of a good hiking boot for someone like him?

Thanks,
Greenpoint

Choices are limited unless he goes custom. Few folks are willing to pay the price and wait for Limmers but they are a long term option.

I have size 13 4Es so can emphasize. Hitchcock Shoes (wideshoes.com) has the best selection. I have never been to their store but it is in Hingham Mass. I noticed they have New Balance mid height country walkers in 6E that look like they could be good hiking boots. New Balances have tight sizing so its best to try them on or just go with one size larger.

For work I need steel toes and unfortunately most toe caps are one width. I end up going up one size and then adding a pad to the inside of the tongue to get the boot to fit.

I also have wide feet; typically wearing a New Balance 4E. I have found LL Bean Crestas in a wide width to have a very comfortable fit for my feet. Peakbagger, I have to wear Safety Toe footwear on a regular basis and have also suffered in the search for a proper fit. My latest find for very comfortable and long lasting (so far) safety toe shoes are Keen brand boots.

Not sure if they'd fit a 6E, but the Asolo TPS 520 GV has a wide fit option. I need solid ankle support and extra volume in the toe box and the 520s were the best for me that I could find at the time. I recently took delivery of custom Limmers but they are still in the break-in phase.

My brother has extremely wide feet. His favorite shoes are 6 E width. Does anyone know of a good hiking boot for someone like him?

Thanks,
Greenpoint

Day-to-day I've been using New Balance 13 4E sneakers, but I'm pushing the limit with my width. For hiking I've been wearing Merrel's Moab Ventilators size 14W the past couple of years and love them. Not a full boot, but much more durable than sneakers. In winter I've been wearing the Moab Waterproof Mids 14W as they are a bit more comfortable in snowshoes, but I've used the Ventilators without issue as well (including a single digits, windy hike over the Carters at the end of March, and was quite comfy). My feet are more likely to sweat than be cold though. YBMMV.