Lauky's last hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck in the future. We always take our Grand Dog "Rusty" when we hike. Good for all of us as you said. He loves climbing the fire tower even in Winter.
Also on one side of the Pyramid stone I have a P for our beloved Prince. He spent many, many hours with us on Belknap. He even stayed a few days in the Tower with me. Loved watching his ears flop in the breeze when he laid on the deck facing the wind. Good times.

Ed, sorry for your loss. I recall meeting you & Lauky one winter during my ascent of Eisenhower. We miss you in the Whites.

I can't believe Lauky is gone too..I always enjoy your trip reports and the nice photos. Such a great companion for you.

It won't be the same reading about your hikes. What a wonderful companion.

I can't believe Lauky is gone too..I always enjoy your trip reports and the nice photos. Such a great companion for you.

Thanks for your kind words. Life goes on and Aska and I have been out quite a bit. I haven't posted the hikes here as this is more a New England website and our hikes have been in North Carolina and Georgia but we do post on Facebook. Here are a couple of pictures. The first was on an overnight to the Mt. Mitchell (NC) area. Aska did well on his first camping trip. The second picture was taken on the 6580' Mt. Tom (NC). So far he's done four 6000 footers, and two 5000 footers in NC and three 4000 footers in GA.

Sweet dog....

Of course I am very late to the thread here but also sending my condolences. I had met Lauky (and Ed!) on the trail a few years ago. Lauky was so recognizable with his little neckerchief and patch. I felt like I had met a celebrity! Sounds like he had some great miles along with you Ed. Glad you found another furry friend....Happy Trails to you both!

Of course I am very late to the thread here but also sending my condolences. I had met Lauky (and Ed!) on the trail a few years ago. Lauky was so recognizable with his little neckerchief and patch. I felt like I had met a celebrity! Sounds like he had some great miles along with you Ed. Glad you found another furry friend....Happy Trails to you both!

It was fun meeting so many people on the trails who recognized Lauky, that is if they weren't asking us if we were Tom and Atticus. :) Aska, as you can make out in the picture below also wears a bandana but so far no patches.

It was Tues. Sept. 15. We were visiting in Maine for a very short time. I had two days to hike. That Tues. I headed up to Crawford Notch and the Cog to do Washington. It was a beautiful day but up in the notch the wind was blowing very hard so I stopped in the AMC center to check out the weather--winds up to 80 mph up on top. So as not to lose a hiking day I had to make a quick decision to make the switch and I drove down to the Belknaps and did that hike. The switch was a bit of a disappointment as I had been hoping to go up there with Kevin and with the switch I couldn't, but we had a good hike and it was very special to see the cairn. :) Aska and I did get up Washington at the end of that week.